Follow me @mformley1920

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Blogging My Way Through March - Day 13 - Priorities and My Name

(Caution: This post is all over the place! I have managed to piece it together in a semblance of order. But know that I wrote the first paragraph in my bed, then typed the first 2 scriptures at the computer/TV because that's where my Bible with the mini-concordance is, then embedded the 1st video, then reread the entire thing, then went back and added the 2nd paragraph, 3rd scripture, and 2nd video. SMH LOL)

I can't do it.... I cannot physically leave my bed this morning! Not yet, anyway. Just sat here and scrolled through Facebook for 45 minutes... just procrastinating and putting off the inevitable. Started to play a game, but then remembered my commitment. God first, everything else second! So I'm blogging from my bed this morning... I'm just thankful this morning because He has truly blessed me. I've been worrying about money all week and aside from the regular bills that I can barely afford, I was extremely worried about the conference that I had to register for by Friday. God blessed me with an early travel voucher so I could register. Thank you Lord!!! Back to these priorities, it's become clearer and clearer this week, how wrong I have been with the things that I have been prioritizing. Even though I kept changing them out loud, I wasn't making the actual change with my thoughts or actions. This is the struggle, the very crux of the problem. In order for me to truly re-prioritize, there are some steps I have to take. One of which was changing my Facebook name. My organization continues to be important in my life, but it cannot continue to have top priority in my life. The moment a couple of weeks ago when I realized I was studying the manual more than The Bible was a huge wake up call to me! I added the middle name on Facebook a long minute ago... either 2011 or 2012 as an inside thing then began to use it as a marketing tool for one of our events. After that, I just stuck with it... I've actually wanted to change it for awhile now, bc its time had passed, but I didn't want anyone to assume anything so I left it. Yesterday, I felt compelled to change it. I pushed back and said naw, but it continued to bother me until I did it. I thought about what to change it to, I thought about how Pastor said that this Lenten season is a time of preparation for the new level we're about to walk into; hence InPreparation became my new middle moniker. Though, I feel like that one is only temporary. Who knows? Maybe God will reveal a new name to me. 

Speaking of my name, if you know me in real life, you know that I am borderline ridiculous when it comes to my name. I do not tolerate mispronunciation or misspelling and people who mispronounce my name on purpose, well they're clearly loved or they would be suffering from wounds related to looks that can kill (LOL). My love for my name even overflows to other people with unique names. So much so, that I get upset with them when they don't insist that their name is pronounced correctly. So, why do I care so much about my name? First of all, because it wasn't the original name picked out for me. My mother, Madelyn, was going to continue the trend that she started with my sister, naming me a concoction between her name and my father's name (Elbert). This would have resulted in me being named Ellyneace Christilyn... (*crickets*) When my mom told me that, I gasped and said that sounded like the name of a cabbage patch doll! The only possibly cool thing about that name is that my nickname would have been Ella. But other than that, thank God for the intervention of my godmother, Aunt Kathy, who used her best friend powers of veto. She suggested splicing my mom's name with her name - taking the MA from Madelyn and the RYN from Kathryn, and thus my name and its' CORRECT pronunciation were born! Shoutout to everyone who tells me my name is spelled like it should be pronounced MAR-IN. Nope, I know my name and I know who I belong to! 

The Word 
Proverbs 22:1
“A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.” 

Jeremiah 1:4-5a
"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;...'"

John 10:2-4 
“…’the man who enters by the gate is the shepherd of his sheep. The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.’…”

John 15:19
"...'If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you'..."

The Videos
Daryl Coley (What's In Your Name) - this song is about the names of our Savior, not any of our names, but I think it's a wonderful praise/worship song!)



Louisiana 1st Jurisdictional Mass Choir (I Belong to God)

)

No comments:

Post a Comment