Follow me @mformley1920

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Blogging My Way Through March - Day 12 - My word is my bond, except when it comes to $$

My word is my bond…. Is it really?
One of the most difficult situations to deal with, for me, is when someone doesn’t follow through on what they say they’re going to do. But if I have to be honest, I do this too.
For me, the main culprit is almost always the lack of wherewithal (as Mommy used to say).

This pay period is going to be a little rough for me. I knew it was coming, and I tried to be more prepared, but alas, that didn’t work. Double rent and my first car note are both due on Friday. :-o

One of the things that I would like to see reborn on Resurrection Sunday is a brand new sense of financial responsibility. Not throwing money away on fast food has certainly helped, but I’m still eating healthy stuff out and sometimes that costs more. I have to be more consistent with packing lunch and snacks. I also have to get better at chunking bills down. Oftentimes, I want to pay a bill, end up not having enough for it, so I don’t pay it at all and say that I’ll pay it next time, but inevitably, next time is a repeat of the situation. I need to start paying a little bit rather than paying none of it…

Dear Lord, there is none like You. You alone are my refuge in times of trouble and for this, I say thank you. Thank you for putting up with me, day after day, sin after sin. Help me to be a person of my word. Help me to honor the verbal commitments I have made. Help me to improve my spending habits so that I can honor those verbal commitments. Help me to stop purchasing unnecessary items, especially when those items are food. Thank you Lord! In the name of the Risen Savior, I pray. Amen.

The Word:
Psalm 119:57-64
“You are my portion, O Lord; I have promised to obey your words. I have sought your face with all my heart; be gracious to me according to your promise. I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands. Though the wicked bind me with ropes, I will not forget your law. At midnight I rise to give you thanks for your righteous laws. I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts. The earth is filled with your love, O Lord; teach me your decrees.”

Romans 13:7-8
“Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.”

Ecclesiastes 5:4-5; 10; 19-20
“When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it.” “Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless.” “Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work – this is a gift from God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.”

The Videos:
His Eye is On The Sparrow (Tanya Blount and Lauryn Hill – Sister Act 2)
Movie Clip (Still gives me chills! Come back Lauryn!)
)
 Full Song
)
For Every Mountain (Kurt Carr)
)

That's enough for today. These videos just gave me life! Game over



LOL! That's totally how I would drop the mic! I really wanted to put in a gif today! 

I must get to getting. Gotta put my beans on and get ready for work. Toodles!

-BlueLady

No comments:

Post a Comment