Follow me @mformley1920

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trifling or Frugal....?

So if you read my previous post, you know that I had an amazing thrifting experience that turned into a nightmare. 6 pairs of shoes, 2 of which (so far) have turned out to be duds.

Shoes that were stripped to the gray meat and repainted to look amazing! The thriftstore says they're not at fault and I believe them (for now). So then that leaves me to ponder... Who did this?

What big-footed women would do something like this? Every 10-Club member knows that it is hard to find shoes in our size and when we find them, winner takes all.

So, one of two things:
1. My fellow 10-Club member was trying to sell these shoes so spruced them up so she could get a good price. Maybe the sales fell through so she donated them to the thrift store...
2. My fellow 10-Club member decided to spruce up her shoe collection for her own benefit. But here's the thing, this paint is falling apart within the first 30 minutes of wear. Was she painting her shoes all day? I doubt it! 

I'm the first to admit that I am hard on shoes. My driving foot consistenly has a dark spot on the side of the heel area due to the black floor rugs in my car. I try to monitor it, but after some days of wear and tear, I get those ugly marks. But after one 40 minute drive to work???? That's not wear and tear, that's a mess.

That being said, people, let's not do this to each other anymore okay? Keep your raggedy stuff to yourself. Don't try to buff and polish it on the outside when its jacked up underneath! (mmm, that sounds like a word! Should I ever be called upon to preach, trust that it will be chock full of shoe analogies! LOL)

What was I saying?
Oh yeah...

CUT IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment