Follow me @mformley1920

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Blogging My Way Through March - Day 15 - Beware The Ides of March

Every holiday in March is important to me, probably due to the fact that they're each like a mini-countdown to my birthday. Today, I realized that it was the Ides of March and I immediately thought to myself, "Beware the ides of March!". The day carried on, however, and my mind began to wander over the different stressors in my life. I found myself replaying an interaction and then crafting a response, over and over again... I realized that I was doing it again, making my mountains more important than God. A verse/song came to mind... Cast all your cares on Jesus, for He cares for you! I went to the Word to get it from the source and reading it in context, found some more Word that spoke directly to the situation. (It's attached to this post btw).

As I named this post, I decided to research the ides of March and what do you know, it had an application to the Scripture I found! Here's the story:

So, in 44 BC, Julius Caesar was that dude. Plutarch predicted that he would be assassinated by the Ides of March. That day came, and Caesar pretty much laughed in Plutarch's face because he was still alive that day ... only to go inside the Senate gathering where he would be killed by his fellow senators, who had secretly been conspiring against him. 

So, beware the ides of March, to me, now means Pay Attention and Watch Your Back (and your front, and your sides lol). Factions and political parties will rise and fall, but I don't have to spend time and energy getting involved in it. God is able to handle it, but I just need to hand it to Him!

Dear Lord, please take these burdens away. They are heavy, they are taxing, and I'm sick of them. Help me to leave them with You and not pick them back up again. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Enjoy your day everyone!
-BlueLady
 

No comments:

Post a Comment