Follow me @mformley1920

Monday, March 10, 2014

Blogging My Way Through March - Day 10 - The Next Steps

Good morning Lord!It’s early. I’m sleepy. And my back hurts. But regardless of all that, I wake up with a spirit of gratefulness. Thank you so much for waking me up this morning! Thank you for the 8 hours of sleep that I just woke up from! Thank you for brand new mercies and the opportunity to act right today. God, forgive me for any impure thoughts that I may have had yesterday and/or last night and help me to always be a light for you. Thank you Lord for loving me, though I don’t deserve it. As I continue this Lenten journey, help me to focus on You and Your ultimate sacrifice rather than me and the miniscule, temporary fasting that I plan to do. Thank you Lord for everything! You are amazing! Amen

So yesterday, I briefly posted about negativity, but the bottom line of the post was that I was asking God to direct my path. Sometimes, heck maybe a lot of times, I end up in situations that I have no business being in. So, I am doing my best to be open to God’s will in regards to this and every situation. Along with that, I am also trying to figure out what I am supposed to be doing, educationally and/or professionally. One of my friends from church enlightened me that I was limiting God by asking Him “Which school should I go to? This one or that one?” instead I need to ask God what He wants me to do and where He wants me to go. It’s really about allowing Him to lead me, instead of heading in one direction and then asking for confirmation.

If you’ve been reading any of my posts, you know that standing still is a whole issue for me! It’s not even just my mind, but my muscles and bones actually ache if I lay down for too long. If I sleep for over 8 hours, I wake up sore in some regard. Hence, my backache. During this Lenten season, I have promised to fast and my prayer is for answers to all these things that are a concern to me. I need God to make my next steps crystal clear.

Bible Time:
So, the way that I normally start my personal bible study is by thinking of a concept, then using the mini-concordance in the back of my Bible, I look for the references that use that word. I weed out the references that are clearly a different definition than I want to use. Then I read all of the remaining verses in the context of the entire chapter (most times) that they are found in. I pull out the verses that speak to me and type them out. Today, I looked at Paths….

Psalm 23:1-3
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”

Psalm 25:1-5
“To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your trust and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my home is in you all day long.”

Psalm 27:4-6
“One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze up on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. For in the day of trouble, he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle.

Proverbs 3:3-6; 11-12
“Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” “My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.”

Isaiah 26:7-9
“The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth. Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desires of our hearts. My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come up on the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness.”

2 Corinthians 6:16b-17a
“…As God has said: ‘I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people.’ ‘Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord… ‘”

Videos: I missed posting these! These are the songs that came to me while I studied!

Marvin Sapp (One Thing)

Richard Smallwood (I Will Sing Praises)


Daryl Coley (He’s Preparing Me) - yup that's my church's mime group! This song was choreographed by Rev. John Davidson, my original mime leader when I was in Creative Expressions as a teenager. We did this song back then. I brought it to our mime group in 2011. This was the first time we did it.

Gasp - just remembered the song that fits the most!

GMWA Women of Worship (Order My Steps)



I've tarried here long enough this morning. It's time to workout!

ttyl!
-BlueLady

No comments:

Post a Comment