Follow me @mformley1920

Monday, December 2, 2013

Confirmation – God’s Got Me! - 12/2/13


I’m taking the bus to work today…. My car (Silverfox) is going to sit in the driveway. I thought I was turning her in, but now I’m not sure what I’m doing. Maybe the lesson was/is in my willingness to obey…

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.”

So, taking it back to last week, well over the past couple of weeks, I had been praying about my car situation. It had become clear to me that I needed to turn her back in (voluntarily repossess is such a yucky phrase…).  As I was still wobbling on that, I went to a women’s group and TRUST was the word du’jour and I said okay, Lord, I trust you. I began to tell people what was going on. For me, it’s not real, until I tell a few people. I told the women’s group last Saturday. I told my Dad on Thanksgiving. I told my blog readers. This Saturday, I started walking it out in my mind. I said okay Lord, I’m on board with what you’re asking me to do and I have to invest in this so I put $50 on a connect card to take the bus. Saturday night into Sunday morning, I kept walking it out in my mind and it occurs to me, that I could be getting home at 9:30, 10:00 at night. Which is okay with me, but I realized that I’m going to be that person I almost hit every night coming down my steep, dark street. Thus began the shopping list of things I “need” to start taking the bus (safety vest, bookbag, thermals), and I almost decided to defer this until I could purchase those items...

Yesterday was Youth Sunday at church and Pastor John Robinson from Greater Destiny was our guest preacher. I was running around with the mimes and after we finished up, I was going to grab something to eat and take my antibiotic, but something (i.e. the Holy Spirit) told me No, go in to service. So I did, and as I’m walking in, the sermon had already started and the pastor was talking about how God can’t increase our territory until we decrease ourselves! And I thought to myself, that’s exactly what I had been thinking about. In my tarrying the night before, I was thinking about one of the theme R words – Reduce! And that letting this car go will make room for more blessing in my life. The pastor also said that we have to give thanks. And I was like yessss, I’m on the right track. Go God! Then he said, you gotta open your mouth and sing about it. Boom. The title of the sermon, by the way, was “He’s Got You, Baby!”. So, confirmation was just flowing in my spirit. God got this! Stop worrying about the little stuff. Just be obedient and do it. Right then and there, I decided, okay, the shopping list is just a delay tactic. I’m cleaning this car out tonight and I’m calling these people and telling them to come get her in the morning. I started driving home and called the company. ..

When I finally got a human on the phone, I explained what I wanted to do. The service rep asked me questions,  like, well have you thought about this? Have you thought about that? Yup, yup and my mind is made up. I’m doing this ma’am  and I probably had an attitude at first, because I’m like, hey stop trying to talk me out of this hard thing I’ve finally decided to go through with! Then she said, well, we have to hire someone to come get your car and that’s going to take a few days… Uh oh. Then she asked what if my note was reduced for six months, would that help? Because later this week, I will be eligible to apply for assistance and maybe that would help. She reminded me of how detrimental a repo can be, in that you still owe the balance of the loan minus the price they will get for it at auction, so I would still be paying on a car that I no longer own (been there, still doing it on my very first car smh). She said, at least see if you qualify for assistance later this week before you make the final decision…

So, here I sit. Unsure of what to do, but I’m going to take it one step at a time. I’m taking the bus to work today while Silverfox stays in my driveway. At this point, I am so tired of pondering this entire thing so I am finally doing what I should have done in the beginning – trusting God to work out the details. God’s got me!

Psalms 20:1-8
“May the Lord answer you when are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May He send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May He remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed, He answers him from His holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.”

P.S. Did you see how this Word just smacked me upside the head again?!  Thank you Lord!

P.P.S.   I typed this post at home, saved it on my jump drive, and posted after I got to work. Due to phone issues, I will be off the grid for a couple of evenings - I went to Best Buy yesterday to discuss my slowly charging phone and they ordered a replacement. Hallelujah! Then I got home and my phone stopped charging altogether! 8% left at 5am this morning, yikes! Looks like I’ll be back to the 90’s at home until the replacement phone gets here, no internet, no TV, no games, no GPS, no calendar, no text messages, no phone calls at all because I don’t have a house phone... But I’ll be okay! (right?)

P.P.P.S (ok this is getting ridiculous!) - but I made it to work early! Only a ten minute ride in. And regardless of what decision I come to, did I mention that my car has to serve a 3 month time-out for dropping insurance coverage more than 30 days... yeah, that starts December 11th so... either way I'll be bussing it, but c'est la vie - God's Got It!
 
Found a video!  This is my jam! God's Got It by J Moss
 

Lyrics...
I woke up this morning and I told myself
Not gon' worry about what I cannot help
People dying innocently, haters spreading rapidly
I'm not talking nepathy but some things God's gotta (work)
Woah oh
(He's gotta work) yeah ha
(He's gotta work) woah oh
(He's gotta work) yeah ha
Check it out

I ain't gonna worry bout' the money in the bank, I ain't worried bout it
I ain't gonna worry bout' the gas in the tank, fill me up, fill me up, I ain't worried bout' it
I ain't gonna worry bout' the things I can't control, it is, what it is
I ain't gonna worry bout' it, all I do is pray about it, hold up, why?
God's's got it...

I look around and my hearts a little hithered
The money scream fast and I'm looking for a blessing
People looking for jobs
No one looking for God
I know that your hurt but in time God's really gonna (work)
Woah oh
(He's gotta work) yeah ha
(He's gotta work) woah-oh
(He's gotta work) yeahah
I'm a let him do it cause...

I ain't gonna worry bout' the money in the bank, I ain't gon' worry bout' it, I can't worry bout' it
I ain't gonna worry bout' the gas in the tank, I know who supplies my neeedds
I ain't gonna worry bout' the things I can't control, God's is in control
I ain't gonna worry bout' it, all I do is pray about it, hold up, why?
God's got it...

When your loosing strength and your confidence
God's got it (God's got it) oh-ah (oh-ah)
When your money spent, can't pay the rent
God's got it (God's got it) oh-ah (oh-ah)
Oh, when a storm is passing over, don't loose your composure
God's got it (God's got it) oh-ah (oh-ah)
When your down for a while, wanna throw in the towel
God's got it (God's got it) oh-ah (oh-ah)

I ain't gonna worry bout' the money in the bank, seen it over and over again
I ain't gonna worry bout' the gas in the tank, I ain't gon' worry about it cause he cares for me
I ain't gonna worry bout' the things I can't control, can I hold
I ain't gonna worry bout' it, all I do is pray about it, oh oh yeah
God's got it...

--BlueLady

No comments:

Post a Comment