Follow me @mformley1920

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

While I'm Trying to Submit, Lord, Have Your Way! - 11/20/13

I just woke up from some kinda strange dreams. One of the dreams featured Mommy, but she was sick and was starting to exhibit the symptoms that would have probably come along If God hadn’t called her home as quickly as He did… So waking up, I’m just thankful for God’s Will being pervasive in her life and in my own.

Now, back to the topic at hand, Submission... In the midst of one of the training sessions that I’m “coaching” this week, I thought about how bobby pins tying my hair down does not equate submission. While me using bobby pins to get the hair back under control may be similar to God working in my life to try to get me on the path, there is one key factor missing – free will.

See, my hair is just naturally rebellious. It’s just behaving the way it was created to behave. Me, on the other hand? While naturally rebellious due to original sin (anybody remember TULIP?), I actually  have the ability of choice. I can choose to submit or I can choose not to submit.

Galatians 5:13, 16-17, 25
“You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.” “So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want.” “Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”

So I have been made free, but in that freedom, I continue to have a choice. Our sinful nature alone causes us to be rebellious, but I can choose to live by the Spirit instead.
This walk that I’m on is my attempt to not let my sinful nature take over. The challenge of studying God’s Word every day and blogging about it is not easy, but I have to keep trying. Every time I open the word of God, It’s a victory, even if it’s a small one.   
Thank you Lord for convicting me about submission.

Today’s song is kinda related, but kinda not. While I'm working on being obedient and submitting to God's Will, I'm asking that He take control. It's an old hymn that we used to sing and an old favorite “Have Thine Own Way”

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.


Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit ’till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.


Here is a video of Morgan State Choir singing it…

Enjoy your day!
-BlueLady

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maryn! It amazes me how GOD via YOU directs pertinent words, scriptures & songs to me! I am amazed daily at the people he uses to help me along my journey! That song-WOW! The soloist was something else! So thanks WithanN!! I appreciate & accept your help! LOL Our GOD is a GOOD GOD EVERYDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's awesome Em! I'm glad that my blogging is blessing you too!

    ReplyDelete