Follow me @mformley1920

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hide Me! - 11/8/13

(OMG! Just realized this never posted on 11/8/13... smh)

Psalm 31:14-15a “But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands…” 

Thinking about time last night and this morning, when is it going to be my time? My time for financial stability? My time for love? How long, O Lord, how long? But faith is believing in what is unseen and knowing/trusting that God is doing what is best.

When I start to get weary and my faith gets weak, I love to pull out this song from Kirk Franklin. And I’m manually typing it out just to reiterate the lyrics to myself….

 “Hide Me”
 I know you see us
 I know you hear us
 I know you feel us when we pray
 You understand us
 See deep inside us
 Translate tears and take them away 
 I’mma be honest
 There are times
 Your ways and methods I don’t understand 
You seem so far Tell me who you are 
I know your touch, but can’t see your plan 

 I’m lost in this thing called life 
Left to me now feels right 
It’s your turn now I wanna be where you are 

 Hide me
Let me live behind you 
‘Cause I need, 
Shelter from the rain 
Remind me 
The only way my faith can grow is when you let your winds blow 
You’re making me stronger now So please, don’t go away 
Don’t go away

 I admit it’d be nice to have some light shine down on me 
Especially when what I shall be you don’t always let me see
 It ain’t easy But I’m trying 
Hard to get out of your way 
To believe what you say 
Let my change begin today 

 The road includes some pain 
And to grow you need some rain 
And when it falls I wanna be where you are 

 Hide me
 Let me live behind you 
‘Cause I need,
 Shelter from the rain
 Remind me
 The only way my faith can grow is when you let your winds blow 
You’re making me stronger now 
So please, don’t go away 
Don’t go away 

 ‘Cause there’s so much I see 
Needs to grow inside of me 
In the fire I realize 
Before I lived, I had to die 
Please believe me when I say 
I can’t waste another day 
It’s so easy to complain
 But complain don’t make a change 
Not the victim anymore 
All the things God has in store 
 If I ain’t ready don’t let the rain go away 

(chorus starts again... This is my fave part! Kirk’s ad libs though!) 
Jesus 
Can I just hang out behind you? 
It’s cold out here in this rain 
 You’re making me stronger now…
 It don’t feel good right now, but I had to realize 
You’re making me stronger now… 
It’s necessary; you’re trying to grow me up 
 You’re making me stronger now… 
You’re taking away everything that’s not like you. Jesus 
You’re making me stronger now… 
It’s that breaking process y’all 
 You’re making me stronger now… 
Your delay is not a denial. I realize 
You’re making me stronger now… 
You love me too much to give me too much, Jesus 
You’re making me stronger now… 
Your plan is perfect even when I’m not. I realize 
You’re making me stronger now… 
I can’t rely on my own strength this time y’all. Come on 
You’re making me stronger now… 
I cry when I worship 
 The times when it was rent money 
Forgiving my enemies 
When daddy walked out
 When mama gave me up 
Everybody that gave up on me I need to write you a thank you letter 
‘Cause you made me 
Whoo! Jesus, I thank you
 I can see clearly now 
I didn't understand it at first
 I even got mad at you
 ‘cause you were taking too long 
But I’m sorry Daddy 
Your ways are not my ways 
Whoo! I felt that, I felt that…. 
 This song, all day! Happy Friday!
Here's the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment