Follow me @mformley1920

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Diligent for Him - 11/6/13

Oh em geeeeeee. I am so sleepy this morning. Words can truly not express the mental/physical fatigue I am starting to feel right now. I woke up with a headache and began to try to work through that. Of course, I started thinking about all of the things that I have left to do this week for work (UAT, business requirements meeting, continue to work on training curriculum for new stuff, then train new hires on placement and non-placement services), for church (data entry, choir rehearsal, mime rehearsal, service project, and youth retreat), and for my sorority (attend undergrad program at Pitt, pay dues, duties at the chapter meeting, prematurity awareness Sunday). Wow, seeing it all listed like this even makes me say WOW… Yesterday, I overheard my coworkers talking about me (in a good way) and how I amaze them because I never stop moving. Meanwhile, I know the only way I can keep going is because of God giving me the strength and resources to do so. I am dedicated to the ministries that I've been called to in my church, and I’m committed to my duties in the chapter. I've been equipped by the Lord so I serve.

This morning I read a couple of passages in “My Utmost for His Highest” Devotional Bible and in one of the author’s books, he spoke about how Abraham was diligent. He pointed out how the text says that Abraham “rose early in the morning” to accomplish the task that God had set before him – sacrificing his son. Then he talked about how Paul talks about being a diligent servant but didn't give a reference, so I’m going to attempt to find it.

Hebrews 6:10-12
“God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.”

I love reading God’s Word, and I’m so excited to have found a way to invest myself in reading it. Thank you Lord for confirming that you see me and my work and that you know it’s for You.

1 Timothy 4:12-16
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity. Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you. Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.”

This one starts off a little off today’s topic, but I still think it’s important. (I think I’ll share verses 12 and 13 with my Yas, but just verse 12 as my #DailyBible for today.) Anyway,  the Word clearly says that we are to be diligent and pay attention to our witness, as seen by our lives and by the doctrine we preach/teach/stand by. My pastor often says “I’m so glad I was on my best behavior…” We often get caught up in our own stuff but it’s important to remember the world is watching. 

Well, the time has ticked away and this sinus headache is attempting to get out of control...
Here's a video, because I'm nothing without His love!


BlueLady

No comments:

Post a Comment