Follow me @mformley1920

Friday, November 22, 2013

Seeking Him --> Bills to Decrease.. Blessings to Increase! - 11/22/13

Dear Lord,
Thank you for your Word that illumines me. Thank you for using it to speak to me, to encourage me, to chastise me. Thank you for everything! When I l start to look at what I don’t have, I can’t help but praise you for all that I do have. Thank you Lord for sustaining me. Lord, these bills! But all I can say is “Hallelujah Anyhow”. You’ve been with me so far, and I know you are always right beside me. You’ll never leave nor forsake me...

Y’know, for me, there is nothing more depressing than waking up on payday and having less than you thought you would have…. I’m not putting all of my business out there, but let’s just say that money is tight! So, this morning, as soon as I saw my balance, I wanted to run to the bank and take everything out that was left! But before I could actually stand up, I was convicted to not go anywhere. No, God, I’ll trust you. The situation may look bleak, but I have to trust God with it.

Matthew 6:25; 33-34a
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?” “But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself…”

But as I’m trusting God, I’m also have work to do. I can’t continually jump off the cliff then say “Help!!! I’m drowning!” every month.  I also have to make some smarter decisions with my money. That being said, I’ve pretty much decided DECIDED to turn my car back in. I absolutely adore my car, but the reality is, I can’t afford that car note while living on my own. See, when I bought her, I was on my own, but I had a lot in savings. So I was able to afford my bills, but only because I was able to dip into my savings… and when the savings were depleted…  yeah, I’ve been treading water ever since.  And it has to stop. So, in the next couple of weeks, I have to call my financier and voluntarily repossess her, push up on PATricia for a little while, then buy an affordable car that runs! And the most important feature of this car will not be its automatic windows or CD player. The only thing this car absolutely must have is NO NOTE ATTACHED! I’ve been thinking about doing this for months now, but I kept putting it off. Putting it off is just extending the issue.  It has to happen now in the next couple of weeks, because I am not taking this drama into 2014.  Of course, it would have made sense to do this before winter struck, but hey, it is what it is. Why am I telling the world? Because I’m going to follow through with it and written words have power.
 *Deep Sigh* I’ll be okay though.

#billstodecrease #blessingstoincrease  
In Jesus’ Name,  Amen

p.s. Happy Friday!

p.p.s. *waving at my readers* Thank you for reading! It encourages me greatly!

p.p.s. Of course, there’s a video! Let’s make it two!

 I’ll Trust You by Richard Smallwood


I Trust You by James Fortune and F.I.Y.A.


p.p.p.s. One more! Different, but related!
Richard Smallwood flipped the proverbial script and did a song called "Trust Me"

1 comment:

  1. Maryn! God's amazing powers, awesome words reach me again today via YOU! The scriptures, the songs, OMG!!!! Thank God for my journey and I thank YOU (even though you don't know it) for sharing his words! Everything will work out! Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete