Follow me @mformley1920

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A good friend is like a mirror....

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP WILL SHOW YOU THAT YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL AND UGLY, ALL AT THE SAME TIME

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOU

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP NEEDS TO BE CLEANED EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP CAN EASILY BE BROKEN.

This is my meditation this morning... What is echoing in my spirit.
I think I've lost a friend this week and though the original reasons were petty on both parts, it quickly escalated into a deep conflict. I'm not sure the conflict will ever be resolved...

You know that I'm a questioner, right? I question everything and everybody, even my Lord and Savior (I know I'm not supposed to!)... I have to be able to explain things, I have to understand things, and I will seek the answer until I get it.

Now the most likely real reason behind it all, mmmm, I'm thinking, hand of God.
No, really! In my hard-headed existence, God will speak things to me and I won't hear Him. So, then He'll place an obstacle in the way, and I'll go around it. Sometimes it gets so bad, that He will have to make it explicitly clear... Something like this, that doesn't make a lot of sense, where hearts have been hardened makes me think that it was God. And whether I like it or not, I have to yield...

Friendships are hard to maintain and especially when they're real friendships. I've learned that every friendship goes through a rough time, if not a million rough times. But in the roughness, something should respond inside of you, something that says, despite this drama we going through, I wanna get through it because I wanna be friends again. Sometimes the only way to dispel the roughness it to hit it head on and deal with it. It hurts but in the end, its worth it!

In my life now, I try to hold my friends accountable for their actions because I need them to hold ME accountable for mine! Lord knows I need that, because I can justify anything. But a friend should care enough about me to show me that I've done wrong. Once a friend has shown me my wrong, I need to acknowledge that I've done wrong. If I can't do that, I need to at least acknowledge that I've upset the friend. If I refuse to acknowledge it at all, then the problem is on me....

I also realize that I'm a talker. HA! Big revelation, right? But I have to talk things through....

I know I'm rambling this morning as I try to sort out my feelings and lick my wounds. I'm trying to make this make sense. I probably just need to move on....

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP WILL SHOW YOU THAT YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL AND UGLY, ALL AT THE SAME TIME

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOU

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP NEEDS TO BE CLEANED EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE

LIKE A MIRROR, A FRIENDSHIP CAN EASILY BE BROKEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment